Thank you for your interest in attending the 9th Asia-Pacific Conference on Wind Engineering, APCWE-IX.
We welcome submissions of short papers for oral presentation to be included in the 2017 conference programme and proceedings.
APCWE-IX aims to provide a knowledge platform for exchanging state-of-the-art research findings and practical applications in all areas of wind engineering, and to further enhance international collaborations.
The conference themes are wide-ranging and cover all aspects of wind engineering, including wind energy. In order to assist with the review process, we ask you to identify one of the following themes in your paper submission.
- Bluff body aerodynamics
- Bridge Aerodynamics
- Cable Aerodynamics
- Computational Wind Engineering
- Environmental Dispersion and Pollution
- Experimental Modelling and Wind Tunnel Testing
- Field Measurements
- High-Rise Buildings
- Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation
- Information Technology in Wind Engineering
- Large Span Structures
- Low-Rise Buildings
- Vehicles and Sports
- Wind Characteristics
- Wind Codes and Standards
- Wind Energy and Applications
- Wind Hazard Assessments
- Wind-Induced Human Comfort
- Wind-Induced Response and Damping
- Wind Loading
- Other Wind Engineering
Authors are required to submit three items:
1. A title (up to 15 words) in the Title Box on the online submission form;
2. An abstract, up to 200 words long, in the Abstract Box on the submission form.;
3. A short paper, up to 4 pages long, using the template provided.
Particular attention should be given to the formatting style used in this template. Papers that do not conform to this style will NOT be published. To prepare your paper, download the template and start typing your paper in it. Invited Keynote papers may be up to 10 pages long, and use the same template.
The Title and Abstract will appear in the Conference Handbook. Papers will be published in the conference proceedings, downloadable from the conference website from the beginning of the conference.
Submissions have now closed. Please email Aimee Crawshaw: email@example.com with any queries.
- Submissions Open – 21 December 2016
- Submissions Close – 17 May 2017
- Authors notified of review results – 18 August 2017
- Early bird registration closes on – 30 September 2017
- The presenter of each paper must be registered by 30 September 2017
Oral presentations will be 15 – 20 minutes including questions and change-over, depending on the number of submissions. Since there will be multiple sessions, Chairs of sessions will be instructed to keep strictly to the allocated presentation times.
No registrant may present more than 2 papers without paying an additional registration fee.
Only papers that are presented will appear in the official proceedings of the conference. These proceedings will have ISBN and DOI numbers, and be available on library electronic databases.
The conference organisers are discussing a possible special issue of selected papers in one of the Wind Engineering Journals. Further details will be provided when details are confirmed.
APCWE-IX is looking to provide financial assistance, in the form of registration fee relief, to attend this conference. All students who submit a paper by the submission deadline can apply for this funding, by ticking the required box during the submission process (when you set up your contact details).
Further information may be found by contacting the following:
The Conference Website: www.apcwe9.org.nz
The Conference Organiser:
Aimee Crawshaw, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Conference Chair:
Professor Richard Flay